ASU Vita is an electronic curriculum vitae builder that supports the reporting of teaching, research and service activities. ASU Vita maximizes the quality of personnel data, and streamlines the collection and reporting process. ASU Vita is a product in the Academic Personnel Actions Reporting System (APARS). Read about the APARS initiative.
If you are unable to access APARS or are directed to a personal Dossier account, contact Interfolio Support at email@example.com, or call (877) 997-8807, 6am - 5pm Pacific Time, Mon - Fri.
Academic Personnel Accounts
- All faculty (ACD 505-02) and academic professionals (ACD 505-03) will have access and accounts in ASU Vita for personal use.
- All faculty and academic professionals will use ASU Vita for university activity reporting with the following exceptions:*
- Faculty Research Associate, Faculty Associate and Academic Associate ranks
- Visiting job codes
- Faculty and academic professionals with emeritus status
- Fixed-term faculty and academic professionals with less than 50 percent FTE
*Colleges and units may choose to require that the academic personnel listed above use some of or all ASU Vita information for certain processes, such as the annual evaluation.
Unit Contact Accounts
New unit contacts: ASU employs Single Sign On (SSO) for access to university software. Ask your college contact to submit an APARS Request to create your account.
- College Contact*: Requests to add/edit/delete this role requires the approval of your college's dean/dean's delegate. Please attach an approval email from the dean/dean's delegate to the APARS Request form.
- Department/School Contact*: Requests to add/edit/delete a user to this role are approved by your college contact (see above). College contacts should submit an APARS Request requesting access on behalf of the new user. Direct requests submitted by the department/unit will be sent back for approval by the college.
- It is a best practice for academic personnel to reach out to their unit contact for support.
- Assistance after working hours is available from the ASU Experience Center at (844) 448-1074
- For login issues, contact Interfolio Support directly
- Additional technical support for staff is available via ServiceNow (APARS Request form)
Career EDGE Training
- ASU Vita: Orientation
- ASU Vita: Reviewing Data from a Parsed CV
- ASU Vita: Create and Export a Personal Vita/Biosketch
- ASU Vita: Importing Research & Scholarship Citations
Workshops for administrative staff are hosted periodically. Registration details for upcoming workshops will be posted below and recordings will be linked when available. Unit contacts are responsible for communicating best practices and additional training to their unit and academic personnel.
Unit Vita Templates - Thursday, September 23, 2021, 3:00 - 4:00 pm, Zoom
- This workshop is designed for returning staff unit contacts and is meant to be a refresher on how to create and edit a unit vita template in ASU Vita. Each participant needs to register and will receive an email from Zoom with the meeting details.
- A vita template is a collection of sections from the Profile and/or Activity forms in ASU Vita. Vita templates are a helpful way to standardize unit requirements in a CV, either for general purposes or a specific review process (e.g. annual evaluation, promotion and tenure, sabbatical, etc). Unit contacts with administrative rights can create vita templates for their unit level of access.
Initiate a Faculty Input Workflow - Thursday, October 7, 2021, 3:00 - 4:00 pm, Zoom
- This workshop is designed for returning staff unit contacts and is meant to be a refresher on how to initiate a faculty input workflow in ASU Vita. Each participant needs to register and will receive an email from Zoom with the meeting details.
- A faculty input workflow notifies faculty to add/edit their activities within a selected date range (defined by term/year, e.g., “Fall 2017- Spring 2020”). Note that faculty and academic professionals can log on to ASU Vita and add, edit, or delete their data in the Profile and Activities menu at any time, regardless of whether an input workflow has been initiated. However, when a faculty input workflow period is initiated, faculty and academic professionals are given a specific start date and deadline to submit their activity reporting. Unit contacts can then view faculty input participation and easily view who has not yet submitted their active input form.