All academic personnel searches on the fiscal year hiring plan (both competitive and targeted) for faculty and academic professional positions at ASU must be conducted through Faculty Search. The only exceptions are Faculty Associate, Academic Associate and Postdoctoral positions which may be conducted outside Interfolio if the hiring unit so chooses.
- APARS Login Instructions
- If you are unable to access APARS or are directed to a personal Dossier account, contact Interfolio Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (877) 997-8807, 6am - 5pm Pacific Time, Mon - Fri.
Academic Personnel Accounts
- All academic personnel have an account with the Evaluator role. Read more about Faculty Search roles here.
- Please note that academic personnel will not see the content unless their unit contact has assigned them to a search committee in the system.
- New users: Unit contacts should submit an APARS Request requesting an account for new personnel not showing under "Users & Groups." Accounts created using the "Add New User" button will not enforce SSO and will be non-functional. Please do not attempt to create new or edit existing users using this method.
Unit Contact Accounts (Staff)
New staff accounts: ASU employs Single Sign On (SSO) for access to university software. Please work with your college contact to request a new account:
- College Contact*: Requests to add/edit/delete this role require the approval of your college's dean/dean's delegate. Please attach an approval email from the dean/dean's delegate to the APARS Request form. Once the request is received, required training will be provided for all new college/unit users requesting the Administrator or Administrator EEO role. After your role request is approved and training is completed, you will be able to access and conduct a search.
- Department/School Contact*: Requests to add/edit/delete a user to this role are approved by your college contact (see above). College contacts should submit an APARS Request requesting access on behalf of the new user. Direct requests submitted by the department/unit will be sent back for approval by the college. Once the request is received, required training will be provided for all new college/unit users requesting the Administrator or Administrator EEO role. After your role request is approved and training is completed, you will be able to access and conduct a search.
Access for a non-ASU search committee member
Units that need to provide access to APARS for people outside the university must request a courtesy affiliate ID for that individual.
- Complete the Courtesy affiliate computer access instructions. (Select the affiliation option for MyASU Guest for LMS access.)
- After the affiliate ID is issued, submit a request to the APARS team to establish an account for that user.
- It is a best practice for academic personnel to reach out to their unit contact for support.
- Assistance after working hours is available from the ASU Experience Center at (844) 448-1074
- For login issues, contact Interfolio Support directly
- Additional technical support for staff is available via ServiceNow (APARS Request form)
- Faculty Search Article Index for Unit Contacts
- Evaluator's Guide to Faculty Search
- Other Faculty and Academic Professional Search Resources
Career EDGE Training
- APARS: Faculty Search Administrator Training - College/unit contacts who need to create/manage a search
- APARS: Faculty Search Committee Manager Training - Users who have been given the Committee Manager role by their unit contact
- APARS Faculty Search: Evaluator Training - Search committee members that will be evaluating applications.
Workshops for administrative staff are hosted periodically. Registration details for upcoming workshops will be posted below. Unit contacts are responsible for communicating best practices and additional training to their unit and academic personnel.
- New and Returning Unit Contacts Workshop: Faculty Search Administrator Role (PDF) Video (01:10:38)
- This workshop is geared toward training new and returning administrative staff with the Faculty Search Administrator or Administrator EEO role. This role typically creates and manages searches from a college or unit level. Attendees will learn updated processes and gain tools to train staff and faculty serving on search committees in their college/unit.
Interfolio Hosted Webinars Note: Interfolio Hosted Webinars provide general guidance to the system and may not reflect specific features within the ASU configuration.
- Faculty Search Reports
- Adding Committee Members and Managers to a Search Committee
- Using Statuses, Tags, and Disposition Codes to Organize Your Applicant Pool
If you are unable to login to the Interfolio-ASU dashboard, or if you can only see the Dossier account, you may have multiple email accounts associated with Interfolio. ASU administrators do not have the ability to merge accounts on your behalf.
You have two options:
- Call or email Interfolio Support to merge your accounts. This is the easiest and quickest method.
- Try merging your ASU account with the Dossier account yourself.
Instructions for both options are detailed in this help article.
Targeted Hires (Waiver of Recruitment)
It is the policy of ASU to promote open and competitive searches for all faculty and staff hires. A waiver of recruitment should be conducted only when special or unique circumstances exist. In order to ensure that the Provost’s Office can perform accurate reports, data from waiver of recruitment hires should be entered into Faculty Search as soon as the offer letter has been accepted.
Please refer to the Process Guide for Targeted Hires (Waiver of Recruitment) for details on how to process a waiver of recruitment hire within Faculty Search..
This process guide goes into effect for all faculty (ACD 505–02) and academic professional (ACD 505–03) hires made with a Waiver of Recruitment after January 1, 2020. This process guide is specifically for hires made via a Waiver of Recruitment; for hires made through an approved mechanism outside of Faculty Search (i.e. search firms, MathJobs), see the Process Guide for Hires Made Outside Faculty Search.
Hires made outside Faculty Search
All academic personnel searches on the fiscal year hiring plan (both competitive and targeted) for faculty and academic professional positions at ASU must be conducted through Faculty Search. The only exceptions are Faculty Associate, Academic Associate, and Postdoctoral positions which may be conducted outside Interfolio if the hiring unit so chooses.
However, a few categories of academic personnel have been given provost approval to be hired through another mechanism outside of Faculty Search. To ensure that colleges, units, and the Provost’s Office can perform accurate reports, a position to internally track the status of the academic personnel search taking place outside of Faculty Search should be created as soon as the search has been approved and assigned a job code. All academic personnel searches must abide by ASU policy and processes.
Please refer to the Process Guide for Hires Made Outside Faculty Search for details.
This process guide goes into effect for all faculty (ACD 505–02) and academic professional (ACD 505–03) hires made after July 1, 2020. This process guide is specifically for hires made through an approved mechanism outside of Faculty Search (i.e. search firms, MathJobs); for hires made via a Waiver of Recruitment, see the Process Guide for Targeted Hires (Waiver of Recruitment).
Does my academic unit still need to keep copies of hiring documents?
Yes. The APARS system is not an archival repository and should not be the method of retaining official hiring documentation. Units should continue to keep a copy of required documents in their own established files, in accordance with ACD 505–06 and the appropriate Records Retention and Disposition Schedule.
Are there resources for job applicants?
For technical assistance with their application, applicants should contact Interfolio's Scholar Services support team.