To submit policy documents for approval to the provost’s office, please send a Word document (.doc or .docx) to Katherine Sackman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents may include bylaws, policies and procedures, and promotion criteria.
- Per ACD 111-02, bylaws documents need to be approved by the faculty and reviewed by the dean. Therefore, make sure the first page of the document clearly states the levels of approval and review. Please do not use acronyms for the name of the college or the unit. Example:
College of Basket Weaving
School of Easter Baskets
Clinical Faculty Criteria
Approved by the faculty on March 15, 2015
Reviewed by the dean on June 1, 2015
- It’s best to submit promotion criteria as a separate document, rather than as part of a larger bylaws document.
- If this is the second draft of a document that has already been reviewed by the vice provost for academic personnel, be sure to track changes.
- Make sure the document has been approved/reviewed at the appropriate levels before submitting it to the provost’s office—if the provost’s office has to review your materials twice, it may significantly delay processing.
- Once the document has been approved by the vice provost for academic personnel, please send a clean Word document (no comments or track changes) to Katherine Sackman along with the cover sheet.
(Please note that we do not need signatures on the cover sheet.)
- The final version of the approved document will be posted on the Academic Personnel website.
Click here to view examples of approved fixed-term criteria documents.
For questions, please contact Katherine Sackman at (480) 965-7405 or email@example.com.