I am very excited to report we finally have the details about the UASP summer transition program for freshmen. More details will be coming and as soon as we have those details (e.g., website updated, registration link, etc.), I will share that information. I will start by saying the name is changing to Jump Start, which will be a three-day program that runs on all four campuses from August 12-14, just before Welcome Week begins.
Jump Start Details:
- Students with CI scores below 101 will be expected to participate. For those with a 0 CI index, we need to look at their high school index; those below 55 will be expected to participate.
- The following student codes are being used: Below 93 (SD11/SD03) and 94-100 (ADJS).
- Students will be expected to complete a one-week, online course entitled ASU 19-Jump Start (2019 is the year they should graduate) before they arrive on campus in August. This will be a zero-credit course.
- We are working on getting ASU 19 restricted to those with CI<100.
- We will be sending campus-specific information to students.
- Students will participate in an on-campus program August 12-14 (Wednesday through Friday), just before Welcome Week begins. This is for all campuses. Students who have a fall on-campus housing assignment will move in on August 12th.
- Students will pay $25 to participate in Jump Start.
- If your college sponsors a camp, we encourage you to work with UASP to schedule these students for dates that do not conflict with Jump Start.
- College Time will be on Thursday, August 13th from 4p-6p.
For those students with CI scores below 94:
- Still required to take the UNI120 course.
- Taking the course FIN123 – ASU Financial Literacy will be strongly encouraged for this group.
- FIN123: Financial Literacy: This is a dynamically dated course which ends after the start of the fall semester, but students will be encouraged to finish it before the fall semester begins.
- There have been a few students whose CI score is below 94, but they have not been labeled SD11. If you find students for whom this is the case, please contact Matthew Ellis.
Arizona State University
University Academic Success Programs
Office of the University Provost
480.727.6744- Tempe | 480.727.1909- Poly | 602.543.8547- West | 602.496.2427- Downtown