The purpose and mission of the ASU Staff Council (SC) is to serve as a voice for university staff, to advise the president of ASU on the working climate, and to raise issues and concerns of university staff. The council also works to support university staff through various activities and initiatives.
- Improving Working Climate - The council strives to improve the employment environment, policies and procedures affecting staff, and the general welfare and equal opportunities for university staff.
- Enhancing Staff Communication - The council focuses on enhancing internal communication among staff on all campuses, other universities within Arizona, as well as with the local communities.
- Promoting Professional Development - The council works to promote organizational and professional development opportunities to university staff.
Council Board Members:
The Executive Board for the SC consists of the officers for each SC campus.
- Stephen Potter, ASU Gammage (Elected Spokesperson)
- Linda Anderson, ASU Staff Council (Administrative Assistant)
DOWNTOWN PHOENIX CAMPUS BOARD
- Amber Hall, Educational Outreach and Student Services (President)
- Melissa McGehee, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College (Vice President)
- Treasurer to be determined
- Stacey Flores, College of Public Programs(Parliamentarian)
POLYTECHNIC CAMPUS BOARD
- Sarah Nucci, ASUP Office of the Dean (President)
- Mike Lasman, Facilities Management, Polytechnic Campus (Vice President)
- Irene Rodriguez, Letters & Sciences Administration (Treasurer)
- Janet Moerer, Public Affairs, Polytechnic Campus (Parliamentarian)
TEMPE/SKYSONG CAMPUS BOARD
- Stephen Potter, ASU Gammage (President)
- Jennifer Gordon, Politics & Global Studies Academic Success (Vice President)
- Tiffany Marin, Office of Knowledge and Enterprise Development (Treasurer)
- Margaret Schmidt, Bibliographic & Metadata Services Office (Parliamentarian)
- Carol Comito, Hugh Down's School of Communication (Past President)
WEST CAMPUS BOARD
- Kathleen Gunn, New College Dean's Office (President)
- Vice President to be determined
- Dominique Dozier, W. P. Carey Administration (Treasurer)
- Lyn Duron, ASUW Library Administration (Parliamentarian)
Staff Council Committee Chairs
- Activities and Events Committee - Trudy Perez, Jeanette Buck
- Communications Committee - TBD
- Elections Committee - TBD
- Health & Safety Committee - Pamela Spencer
- Scholarship & Fundraising Committee - Tiffany Martin
- Staff Appreciation Committee - Bonnie Lawless
- Sustainability Committee - Betty Lombardo, Lucas Mariacher
- Work Climate Committee - Adero Allison, Daphne Gil