The purpose and mission of the ASU Staff Council (SC) is to serve as a voice for university staff, to advise the president of ASU on the working climate, and to raise issues and concerns of university staff. The council also works to support university staff through various activities and initiatives.
- Improving Working Climate - The council strives to improve the employment environment, policies and procedures affecting staff, and the general welfare and equal opportunities for university staff.
- Enhancing Staff Communication - The council focuses on enhancing internal communication among staff on all campuses, other universities within Arizona, as well as with the local communities.
- Promoting Professional Development - The council works to promote organizational and professional development opportunities to university staff.
Council Board Members:
The Executive Council for the SC consists of the president for each SC campus section.
- Stephen Potter, ASU Gammage (Elected Spokesperson)
- Linda Anderson, ASU Staff Council (Administrative Assistant)
DOWNTOWN PHOENIX CAMPUS BOARD
- Jami Hovet, Health Solutions Business Services (President)
- Linda Hess, Executive Education (Vice President)
- Amber Hall, Lodestar Center (Treasurer)
- Mary Bankhead, Facilities Management Downtown Campus (Parliamentarian)
POLYTECHNIC CAMPUS BOARD
- Sarah Nucci, ASUP Office of the Dean (President)
- Janette Moerer, ASUP Public Affairs (Vice President)
- Irene Rodriguez, Letters & Sciences Administration (Treasurer)
- George Mulloy, MLF Student Services (Parliamentarian)
TEMPE/SKYSONG CAMPUS BOARD
- Stephen Potter, ASU Gammage (President)
- Jennifer Gordon, Politics & Global Studies Academic Success (Vice President)
- Marcus Jones, Teachers College Dean's Office (Treasurer)
- Margaret Schmidt, Bibliographic & Metadata Services Office (Parliamentarian)
- Carol Comito, Communication Dean's Office (Past President)
WEST CAMPUS BOARD
- Katheleen Gunn, New College Dean's Office (President)
- Dominique Dozier, W. P. Carey Administration (Vice President)
- Treasurer TBD
- Lyn Duron, ASUW Library Administration (Parliamentarian)
- Larry Carlson, New College Dean's Office (Past President)