Routine maintenance is scheduled for Friday, July 31 from 8:00 p.m. (MST) until early Saturday, August 1.
This site may be unavailable during that time.
Institutional Biosafety Committee
The committee is advisory to the senior vice president for the Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development (OKED) on policies and procedures relating to the use of infectious micro-organisms in research and teaching; the handling of infectious waste disposal; and the certification of university compliance with the National Institutes of Health "Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules" for all projects involving recombinant or synthetic nucleic acid molecules and/or gene splicing techniques. The committee is responsible to the senior vice president for OKED and is appointed by the director of the Office of Research Integrity and Assurance who serves as the institutional official.
- Bruce Hooper, Risk Management
- David Gillum, Environmental Health & Safety
- Hugh Mason, Life Sciences/Biodesign
- Valerie Stout, Life Sciences
- Mitch Magee, Biodesign
- Allen Jensen (community member)
- Linda Getsinger, Arizona Department of Health Services
- Benjamin Mitsuda, Office of General Counsel
- Leon Igras, Environmental Health & Safety
- Dale DeNardo (attending veterinarian)
- Debra Murphy, Director, Office of Research Integrity and Assurance (institutional official)