Routine maintenance is scheduled for Friday, July 31 from 8:00 p.m. (MST) until early Saturday, August 1.
This site may be unavailable during that time.
While all faculty and staff within the university community seek to facilitate matters, the following individuals have been designated to serve as ombudspersons (impartial fact-finders and problem-solvers). They have no power to reverse or change decisions but with conciliation skills help to expedite the process. Faculty, staff and students may bring their concerns to the ombudsperson designated to assist them (see below), regardless of college or campus.
The university ombudsperson is appointed by the president. The university ombudsperson chairs the Ombudspersons Committee and provides an annual report to the president. The university provost appoints all other ombudspersons, who serve as a committee of the whole in forming the Ombudsperson Committee. The Ombudspersons Committee is directed by ACD 509-01 University Ombudsperson Committee Guidelines. Relevant links are ACD 509-02 Grievance Policies and Procedures for Faculty, ACD 509-03 Grievance Policies and Procedures for Academic Professionals, and P20 Procedures for Resolving Complaints of Unlawful Discrimination.
Ombudspersons for Academic/Student Affairs:
- Kaylen Cons, Student Affairs, 480/965-5302
- Pattie Farmer Lengel, Liberal Arts & Sciences Academic Services, 480/965-6506
- Elaine Rostad, College of Health Solutions Academic Services, 602/496-2153
Ombudspersons for Academic Professionals:
- Dick Filley, Polytechnic, 480/965-0903
Ombudspersons for Staff Personnel:
- Michelle Johnson, ASU Gammage, 480/965-5062
Ombudspersons for Faculty:
Downtown Phoenix campus
- Kevin Ellsworth, Letters & Sciences, 480/727-7090
- Edwin Gonzalez-Santin, Social Work, 602/496-0101
- Beatrice Kastenbaum, Nursing & Health Innovation, 602/496-1408
- Narciso Macia, Polytechnic, 480/727-1528
- Jean Stutz, Letters & Sciences, 480/727-1234
- Paul Karoly, Psychology, 480/965-5404
- Barzin Mobasher, Sustainable Engineering & the Built Environment, 480/965-0141
- Ronald Rutowski, Life Sciences, 480/965-4369
- Duku Anokye, Humanities, Arts & Cultural Studies, 602/543-6020
Appointed by University Senate:
- Larry Olson, Polytechnic, 480/727-1499
Ex officio: the presidents of the Classified Staff Council and Committee; the president of Associated Students; the presiding officer of the University Academic Council.