Routine maintenance is scheduled for Friday, July 31 from 8:00 p.m. (MST) until early Saturday, August 1.
This site may be unavailable during that time.
University Graduate Council
Visit the University Graduate Council Web site.
It is the mission of the Vice Provost of Graduate Education to promote and support the integrity, quality, and vitality of ASU graduate programs including master's degrees, professional degrees, and doctoral degrees. Our goal is to ensure university-wide standards of quality, access, and equity in graduate programs and promote the interests of ASU's graduate students and graduate education within the state, national, and international arenas. Central to this vision is the enhancement of the diversity of ASU's graduate population as well as the development of a dynamic range of cutting-edge interdisciplinary graduate programs across the university.
The University Graduate Council consists of faculty from each campus who review and make recommendations regarding the quality and nature of programs, policies, and standards related to graduate education. The council serves in an advisory capacity to the vice provost for graduate education.
Academic Unit Members:
- Elly Van Gelderen, English
- Patrick Bixby, Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies
- Cecilia Menjivar, Social and Family Dynamics
- Kevin Corley, WPC Management
- Brenda Morris, Nursing and Health Innovation
- Douglas Green, Agribusiness and Resource Management
- Frances Matera, Journalism and Mass Communication
- Brian Skromme, Electrical and Computer Energy Engineering
- Cynthia Lietz, Public Programs
- Samuel DiGangi, Educational Leadership & Innovation
- Jennifer Setlow, Film, Dance and Theatre
- Juliet Weinhold, Speech and Hearing Sciences
Graduate student member:
- Joanna Merson
Ex officio members:
- Ajay Vinze, Associate Dean and Professor, WPC Information Systems
- Pamela Garrett, Program Manager, Graduate Education
- Kim Naig, Executive Director of Graduate Enrollment Services, Graduate Education
- Andrew Webber, Vice Provost, Graduate Education
- Eric Wertheimer, Associate Vice Provost, Graduate Education