ASU Transfer Times March 2022
Join Academic Alliances for our next spring training!
It’s that time of year to join your favorite team — the Academic Alliances team — for spring training with our national partners! This is a great opportunity for you and your fellow faculty and staff members to get an overview of our community college partnerships, step-by-step guidance on using MyPath2ASU™, and updates related to transfer and ASU. Your spring training webinar will be taking place on Friday, April 15 at 9 a.m. Whether you’ve gone through a training before and would like a refresher, or are completely new to the world of MyPath2ASU™, we look forward to seeing you there!
Advisor fall enrollment cheat sheet
Arizona State University has created the perfect fall enrollment cheat sheet for assisting transfer students and the faculty and staff that support them. The compilation of valuable transfer information is located in a handy one-page resource guide. Check out the resources available for transfer admissions, the more than 400 degree programs offered, ASU’s transfer guide, and more. We invite you to share this information with staff and students to get the latest on transferring to ASU. Applications for fall 2022 are currently being accepted.
Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College spotlight
As students prepare to transfer to a university and complete their undergraduate degree, we know they have much to consider, including program costs, degree selection, course modality and more. ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College makes those decisions easier with highly personalized support for future educators. Students who transfer to MLFTC:
- Attend a top-ranked university (No. 11 in Best Education Schools in the U.S.) according to U.S. News & World Report
- Choose from an extensive range of degree options.
- Gain access to personalized support and coaching.
- Experience groundbreaking team-based approach to professional experiences.
- Students may qualify for full tuition coverage through our scholarship programs.
Interested in learning more about financial aid options for future educators? Explore these scholarships:
- The Arizona Teachers Academy at ASU scholarship: Full tuition coverage when a student commits to teaching in Arizona after graduation.
- New American University Transfer Scholarship is a scholarship for nonresident transfer students who meet high academic standards and have a financial need.
- MLFTC students also have access to special financial coaches — just for them — to help with financial literacy, resources for paying for college and filling out the FAFSA.
Student spotlight: Nguyen Khoi (Korey) Phung, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Moving to the United States after graduating from high school, Korey took some time off to prepare for his next steps. After researching his options, he decided that community college was a more affordable option then going straight to a university. “Attending a community college gave me a pre-university experience with less stress and a smaller classroom size as well.” Having settled in Yuma, Korey then decided to begin his educational journey at Arizona Western College.
Korey successfully completed his associate degree prior to transferring to ASU, where he is now studying Psychology in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. He is also working for Academic Alliances as a transfer student ambassador, educating prospective transfer students all about the benefits of ASU’s pathway program, MyPath2ASU™.
We invite you to read all about Corey's journey to ASU!