P6: Fixed-Term Faculty Promotion File Contents Submitted to the Executive Vice President and Provost of the University
Effective Date: March 23, 1987
Revised Date: July 1, 2011
The following should be included in each file in order to facilitate a thorough review:
- the Request for Academic Personnel Action form, along with any additional forms used by the academic unit
- table of contents for materials in the candidate’s submission
- a self-assessment-goal statement provided by the candidate (up to four pages long)
- a current curriculum vitae for the candidate
- evidence from the candidate of excellence in the area(s) of assignment
- where applicable, summary from the candidate of teaching effectiveness, including both student (as appropriate) and peer (as appropriate) evaluations. Student evaluation data should be accompanied by the mean scores for instruction from the academic unit to provide context for the assessment
- where applicable, summary from the candidate of research effectiveness, including such things as external grants, publications, presentations, etc.
- evaluation(s) by academic unit and college personnel committee(s)
- transmittal/evaluation letters of the chair/director and dean(s)
- a current copy of the academic unit’s and college’s approved performance review criteria.
A cover list from the dean should be provided of all clinical faculty, lecturers, research faculty, and/or professors of practice in the college listed by academic unit who are currently being reviewed.
Additional information may be requested; please check the Promotion and Tenure website for up-to-date information on file requirements.
See ACD 506-05, "Faculty Promotion" for more information.